It was just before I won the BAMMA title when I bought a meal plan for the last two weeks of my weight cut. I was struggling a bit, so I was looking for new tools to add to my diet.
One supplement that was on the plan was hemp protein powder. I never drank hemp protein before, and after trying it I never drank it again. It doesn’t taste very pleasing to be honest.
This whole tub of hemp protein stood on my shelf for months and I couldn’t find any use for it. Until I came up with the idea to mix it into my healthy baking.
It was hard to find something the hemp tastes good with, but in these bliss balls you only slightly taste it and it tastes good.
If you think my other desserts are great post-workout meals, try these bliss balls! Dates are perfect for rehydration and refuelling carbs after training. Plus, a highly bioavailable plant protein is included. PERFECT post-workout snack!
- 200g pitted dates
- 3 tbsp hemp protein powder
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp chopped nuts of choice (I use almonds)
- Blend the dates until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Add the cocoa and mix.
- Add the protein powder and nuts, mix with your hands.
- Roll in cocoa powder, sesame seeds or shredded coconut before you serve.