WARNING: Peanut Butter Cups can be addicting. Consumption is at own risk! This is a recipe of Peanut Butter Cups without the bullshit.
I love peanut butter. It’s one of the reasons why I would not go on a Paleo diet. Now and then I want PB on my apples or in my superfoods bowl.
I still remember the first time I ate peanut butter. It was weird because I didn’t really like it. German culture doesn’t include peanut butter, but after watching people eating PB-Jelly-Sandwiches in several American TV-shows I was expecting a taste explosion. With disappointment I never bought it again.
Until I discovered peanut butter cups and got addicted to them when I was in Thailand. Salted peanut butter with soft chocolate is way better than anything else.
You expect it to be just chocolate and peanut butter but when you look at the ingredients you’ll be shocked! The famous peanut butter cup contains so much bad stuff in there, I don’t even want to list it. It is hard to enjoy it when you know what is in there.
So instead of feeling bad, I made these Cleaner Peanut Butter Cups only from dark chocolate, coconut-oil to make the chocolate softer and organic peanut butter. For this recipe I used vegan 85% dark chocolate sweetened with coconut blossom sugar.
When your dessert has no refined sugar and contains healthy fat, you can eat one piece without guilt 😃
Cleaner Peanut Butter Cups (serve 5psc)
- 100g dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 5 tsp peanut butter
- Melt the chocolate and stir in coconut oil.
- Fill 5 muffin cups (silicone preferred) with 1 Tbsp of the chocolate mix each, then freeze it for 15 min.
- Add 1 tsp peanut butter into every cup and pour 2 Tbsp of the chocolate mix over the peanut butter into the cup.
- Freeze again for 15 minutes until the chocolate is hard. Remove the paper/silicone before you serve.