I was 16 when I was discussing my favourite sweets with my friends and fellow fighters Attila Korkmaz and Vlado Sikic. We just finished a gruelling kickboxing workout, training harder than we should. It was obvious we were hungry after that. So, we had something serious to discuss: What are the world’s best sweets?
The opinions were different. While Vlado had a love for biscuits, Attila and I were more cake-guys. When I mentioned one thing the guy’s eyes lit up: “Raffaello!”
“Bro, Raffaello is legit! It’s elite candy!”, Vlado responded. We all agreed that Raffaello is the best candy out there.
I never believed that you can make a healthy version that tastes just as good. Until I found coconut butter. Just add some sweetness and the stuff tastes exactly like Raffaello crème.
With just a few more ingredients and in 5 minutes you can make your own clean version of Raffaello.
Healthy RAFFAELLO Made In 5 Minutes!
- 1Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp of coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp of white almond butter or cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 8 Tbsp of shredded coconut
- (optional: Vanilla extract)
- Heat up the coconut oil and coconut butter until it’s soft enough to mix well with the other ingredients.
- Stir all soft/liquid ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients while stirring.
- Shape a ball around each almond.
- Eat now or let it chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.