All I want is brownies… and to get rid of this hemp protein powder. So again today you’ll get another recipe with it.
Like I already told you in my Bliss Ball Truffles article, there is not much that tastes good with hemp protein. I found out, the taste is easy to tolerate with chocolate. It’s actually quite good with cacao powder. So I thought, why not making a brownie?
The ingredients used are true superfoods. They aren’t on my superfood list as they are nothing you desperately need, but for sure they can have positive effects, especially when you are on a diet.
- Walnuts: Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fibre, protein, magnesium, copper, folate and vitamin E.
- Hemp protein: Not just high in easy-to-digest protein, offering all the essential amino acids, but also fibre, chlorophyll, and minerals including iron, zinc and potassium.
- Banana: If you think you can’t get enough potassium from the hemp protein, add an awesome banana. It will also provide you with some energy from carbs.
- Cacao Powder: Antioxidant LOADED! It’s shown to prevent cardiovascular diseases, lower blood pressure and improve skin.
If that doesn’t convince you, just put peanut butter on your brownie and have a bite. I truly recommend this brownie only to eat with peanut butter!
Hemp Protein Brownie with Peanut Butter (vegan)
- Hand full of walnuts
- 3 tbsp hemp protein
- 3 tbsp dark cacao powder
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients.
- Bake it at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Let it cool, then slice it and top with peanut butter.