For some reason, every time I’m cutting weight I want banana bread.
Maybe because banana is the only treat I’m allowing myself? Or just because banana bread is simply delicious?
Every time I go to a coffee shop, a slice of the banana bread loaf smiles at me. I want it! But I can’t trust it.
You simply cannot trust what’s inside the coffee shops cakes. Unless it’s you cheat day or you time it right, you shouldn’t eat a cake slice from the coffee shop.
But you can make your own banana bread and eat it as a snack, pre-workout or post-workout! The smell while it is in the oven is heavenly.
When I make it, my whole family can’t wait and it gets eaten in no time. And I don’t even feel guilty for feeding them something bad.
One to two slices fill you quite well. The best thing about it: A slice has only 5g carbs!
Fluffy Low Carb BANANA BREAD
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 150g (approx. 2 cups) ground almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Hand full chopped walnuts
- Optional: 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven at 180°C/ 350°F.
- Mash banana with a fork and mix it with the eggs and coconut oil.
- Add dry ingredients and stir the batter until well combined.
- Put the batter into a loaf pan and bake for 35 min or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.