Refreshing tasty mint chocolate! Imagine eating refreshing mint chocolate after a very hard workout.
In most countries, the British kitchen isn’t known as very delicious. Don’t judge it too soon. Just like when I did the Orange Chocolate Porridge, the British combinations inspire me now and then.
Chocolate and mint just go well together. After Eight was something I already ate and liked as a young child, but when I went to England for the first time, I found a new love for mint chocolate. I noticed they combine mint with every chocolate dessert and they are damn good at it.
Mint choc chip shakes, mint ice cream or mint mocha. And now there is this Mint Chocolate Energy Bar I made to refill my glycogen storage after a hard workout.
Dates are the perfect post-workout snack but sometimes I just want chocolate, a brownie or an energy bar. So, here is another variation of getting your carbs and micronutrients in after a workout.
Mint Chocolate Fudge Energy Bar (raw, vegan)
200g (=7 oz) pitted dates
3 tbsp water
2-3 tbsp dark cocoa powder (depending on your chocolate taste)
2 tbsp cashew butter
3 hands full cashew nuts
1 hand fresh mint leaves
- Blend the cashews in a food processor, then put in a separate bowl
- Blend dates, mint, water and cashew butter until it’s a thick and even paste
- Add the cocoa powder and blend again
- Add the cashews and blend or mix with hands
- Shape it into bars, balls or bites and refrigerate for at least 1h